TOUGH PAY

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ron, Apr 18, 2001.

1. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

HELP ME
    I have been cutting this persons home and business grass for almost 11 months.well my problem is this..she only pays when she wants too.after I make several attempts to contact by phone or in person she would not be there etc.so when I do make contact with her she always has a excuse like she has had eye problems or like this time her husband had fallen and broke his back..I have been trying to collect money from them for weeks,and yesterday around 10;00pm I contacted there business and talked to her she said..Oh Hi did you get my message....My grass is getting very high and needs to be cut,I told her she owes me 100.00 plus 15 % late fee for last month cuts,she said ok the check is in the mail box come pick it up and when can you cut my grass again etc.this has been an ongoing problem and I have not got the time anymore to get my money from them that they owe should I drop them and move on or what should I do to stop this problem...

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

unless she is willing to pay in advance let her go.
    she will probably go to another lco until he drops her to.
    IT TAKES ALL KINDS WHEW

3. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I give customers 2 late payments before they get dropped. There is also a reinstatement fee equal to two weeks service in addition to late fees and the next month must be pre-paid. The next months payment must be received two weeks prior to the first week or they get permanently dropped. This usually gets them to either not continue service or pay you for the headaches they cause you. There is no reason we should bust our nuggets and not get compensated.

4. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

It will be tough but get your money NOW! If you are not friends with these people. Let them go as soon as you get your check. It ain't worth it. If they are friends or regular acquaintences, Just flat out tell them you need the cash now!! Say you have to have cash in the bank to cover the check you wrote to the IRS! Then tell them that since the price of fuel has gone up that you are going to have to raise the price 10 bucks. Make something up. GET your cash. Good luck.

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

drop her she's a waiste of your time and taking your money from you.

6. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Send her packing down the road to the next company it is not worth your time to chase the money. This is your living not your hobby the longer your in this business the less tolerant you will be of slackers, slow pay, and general dead beats. Just because she lives in a 30,60,90 day world does not mean you have to the “lawn guy” is last on her list get the money and go.

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely. Drop her and go pick up 2 or 3 more to replace her.

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

this is a case for monthly billing!

GEO

9. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i had one like that that didnt pay me for a cleanup i did for almost a month past due.so i told her its a 5.oo increase and its a months paid in advanced i still havent herd from her

10. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

Depends if your schedule is full
    or if you need her work.
    If you know they will pay sooner or later
    keep them if you think you will be
    stiffed by them, drop them.