Tough time getting going this season......

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirtykneez, Mar 25, 2013.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Perfect start to the season. One truck needs a new transmission. Wonderful.
    Might just look to replace the truck - '97 F150 w/ 242,000 miles. Sadly I just put $1000 into it last week for tires, shocks, and a couple other items.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

transmissions can always be had

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel ya.... we just had to replace a transmission in a 2007 Chevy 3500. It was about $2700 to pull it and rebuild it. I found out that my damn guys were driving the thing around in Overdrive while towing trailers... they ended up cooking the damn thing. Truck only has 47K miles on it too!

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

MPRotator........

5. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Tambien,
    Pero,

The guy that made MPRotators was not thinking about the poor soul who must enter a 90 corner nook, of a house or fence for example, and set the degrees and area of these chinese torture devices.

It seems, if my memory serves me correct, that I once listened to a story of a contractor whom was installing mptaters "left and right" and then all of a sudden stopped, and returned to "regular rotors" (as the story was labeled).

Something makes me want to say it had to do with run-time, but I cant say for certain. I do think i remember the switching back to "regular rotors" being caused by customer(s) concerns/preference.

Any ideas, similar experience?

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I have no problem irrigating nooks with MPRotators or with run times.

7. RhettMan

from Texas

do you adjusted while zone on?

or

adjust while off, test, adjust while off, test, adjust while off, test, kinda thing?

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

What the hell kinda question is that?

9. RhettMan

from Texas

One of which you have my full attention.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I lost ya man. Dry sets are only good for ballpark approximations during install. All fine tuning adjustments are done with the system running without interruption.