Tough time getting going this season......

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirtykneez, Mar 25, 2013.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Same here,

sometimes, I'll use the remote to kill the system in a narrow spray head alley way, where i might otherwise become soaked. (turning 1/2Circle pop-ups against a house for example)
    Then I will step to a dry area, close as possible, and power it back up to check it visually.

I would do this with MP Rotators, but I have to watch the streams begin and end as it rotates.........so, I get soaked.

I think I need one of these
    [​IMG]

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Getting wet is part of being an irrigator.

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Thank you Mr. K, Thats the nicest thing you've ever said to me :)

By the way I recently (~February) tried a rain suit..... (i dont know, Deadliest Catch i guess)
    I wouldn't recommend it to any texan (though i would gamble that it would already be considered laughable amongst this crowd).
    i was wetter when I was done than I would have been had I not used it.
    Rotors I can sometimes come out untouched, its the H and Q sprays on houses and fences that aggravate.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I had one assistant spending most of the time at one service call standing in the way of incoming water, while I adjusted an old all-brass stream-spray system. :)

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Well, blizzard warning for tonight, 8"-14" projected for my area. Overnight low for Tuesday of around 10 degrees. Yup. A little tough to get going this year.

$1900 in transmission work, one employee down for surgery, drought, tough water restrictions. Oh whoa is me :) Looks like it will be a down year, but in the grand scheme of things, life could be worse.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Dana, you work when there is work, play when there isn't, travel the world, have a beautiful wife/GF and a ton of friends. YA, it could be worse.

:waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You've been eyeing her again, haven't ya?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

turn that web-cam off :eek:

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Again and Again and Again......:eek:

Nothin wrong with appreciating a beautiful woman, nothing wrong at all.

Stay warm :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

That has to suck, especially if you've already started spring turn-ons. I'm about 1-1/2 weeks behind last year due to weather, it now feels like summer and we need rain.:hammerhead: