1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tough time getting going this season......

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirtykneez, Mar 25, 2013.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I have an easy week to a week and a half of clean ups left to do and rain all this week but grass is going to need to be mowed prly next week. This would be fine and dandy if but working a full time job as a side gig it really puts the pressure on this time of year. Getting closing and closing to taking the plunge. Last year i officially made more through the business then my "job" just scares me with the drought we had last year to let go of steady income.
  2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Or a beautiful goat .... in boots case. :laugh:
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

7 degrees at my house this morning. Let's see how many phone calls I get today for broken pipes and PVB bonnets.
  4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

first install of the week today or tomorrow..might rain..

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Aaaaaaaand......... once again.......... more rescheduling. A dozen calls for freeze damage from last weeks temps. More to come this week.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

ka-ching!! payup
  7. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

how much do you fella's charge for entire PVB replacement including part? a 1" 765, for example.
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Mets-Rockies gametime temperature is 27 degrees Fahrenheit.

"Poppin' peeveebees, Batman, that's cold!"
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yup. And the Rox kicked the snot out of the Mets.
    6" of snow at my place this morning, so no work until tomorrow. And forecast for Monday and Tuesday is snow again.
  10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Another round today. About 2" of snow, overnight low of 15-20, and another Rockies doubleheader due to last night's snow-out. My schedule is SOOOOOOOO jacked up right now.