Tough times ahead

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Father&Daughter Lawn care, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Look at the bright side, it will force the weaker business out and bring the prices back where they should be for the prepaired businessman.

3. Get Some...

Get Some... LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Maybe he aint prepared....

4. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm prepared and i'm worried!!!!! Our industry is dependent upon weather, simple.

5. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Trust me it wont do anything for the prices. And this is one of the worst years I have seen. We havent had ONE day get that, ONE day since the second week of March that rain has stopped you from mowing. Yards look like August and a bad August at that. I picked a good year to quit!!!!!

6. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

We have the opposite problem it was raining for weeks straight, not a soaking rain flash floods! in May drowned everything, every other day

7. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

We have the opposite problem it was raining for weeks straight, not a soaking rain flash floods! in May drowned everything, every other day.

I remember the 3rd weekend of the month I was cutting a customers yard and it was raining so hard i couldnt see 10ft in front of me

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Its been just as dry here as well. Our next chance for any rain is the 25th of June and that could obviously change. Even my irrigated accounts are starting to dry up, 90 degree temps really doesn't help either.

9. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Ohio has it too. Last year we mowed everything on schedule as it was wet all year. Right now most everything looks like Late July or August. OK with me as the break is kind of nice. I look forward to it every year. I do my best just to stay off of the turf. Mowing now does more harm than good.

10. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is a very early drought season. To answer "get some's" comment I am prepared bad thing is i just bought a used scag and was looking at buying another Gravely but I think I will hold off for a while on that.