Tough Toro Residential Mowers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by delphied, May 5, 2008.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Saw a crew of around 6 guys today. They were using 2 Toro residential Zturns like you can get at Home Depot and had rear baggers. I would say they had around 20 homes on one street. They only charge like 25 bucks. Thats my competition! Either they dont even try or cant make straight lines. The million dollar golf course home owners dont seem to mind. What a joke.

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

$25 a lawn and has to pay 5 or 6 guys. He's got to be losing money. If not now when the resi mower breaks.

3. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

That's crazy. My $25 dolla lawns are small. Most take 15-20mins. And that's with just one guy.

4. thezaz

thezaz LawnSite Member

yeah I charge 50$ a cut plus trim on top of that. I have guys out my way that took a job that I could have gotten but they under bid it. I don't have anything against mexicans but I have a problem with mexicans that underbid jobs and leave the country after six years and hand off the company to new mexicans that do the same. Thats what i deal with. I put a bid for a bit over 400$ and they put a bid for 300$ I also discounted mine because it was for a place I know well.

5. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

lol you guys make me laugh, around here in my area we average about 25 dollars a yard that takes 20-25 mins or 1/4 acre.. you all talk like you can get 50 dollars and plus some.. must be nice because in my area you would never make it, i would die to get a 1/4 for 50 dollars that would be sweet but then again i dont really believe you so ya good luck to ya

6. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Most guys including myself charge 30-35 dollars for an average subdivison house thats takes 35 with a 21 and then 15 with a zero turn. Its mostly about location, each area has their own prices.

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, 35 min with a 21 and then 15 minutes with a zero turn.

8. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Just added a new 1/4 acre duplex today, Bi-weekly @ $45.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

hmmm that's odd...

You see, since I "dont drop my gate for less than $30" all I do is show up, and people come running out of their houses and start throwing money at me. Then once I feel very guilty from collecting all this free money I go ahead and go through some motions, make it look like I'm doing something.

Then I go home.

10. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Unless you guys employ bikini clad women, I agree with Crimson, you guys like to flex here on the site and BS the crowd!! Customers arent going to pay extravagant amounts of $$ to get their lawns mowed in this economy.