1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tough week

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Premier Landscaping

Premier Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from ND

I have two machines with VTS the one has the new style that your describing, C pattern lugs. My other system that just got replaced with the Nex Gens had the old style like your old pair. I did not notice much if any traction difference between the two. The C-style does ride a little better with a little less vibration, but not a real big difference though IMO. I went with the Nex Gens cause I have always liked the asv track pattern, and that seemed to be the best option for the vts for a asv style pattern.
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the old style. I think next time I will go down to the 15 inch track instead of the 18's. I would like to be a little more narrow and honestly I don't think I need all that floatation at least here.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Can you really do that or does the whole undercarriage have to change? I need the float with all the mud up here but Im not a big fan of the width and neither does my trailer.
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think it matters. At least I hope not.
  5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure you can go down to 15", I've had that discussion with KR many times. He is I'm sure sick of hearing about the width issue but Loegering doesn't think it is important.:hammerhead:

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Width is a pain but was happy to see the 277 was the same width as mine.
  7. Craaaig

Craaaig LawnSite Member

we have a pair of those solideal tracks on our t300 with no problems so far