Tough week...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Jul 26, 2012.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear Gregg. Coincidentally, I just got home from a funeral/memorial. 22 year old son of a friend of mine, who owns a great landscape company. Kid passed in his sleep last week. No idea what caused it. He too, was a musician, played the stand up bass. Just got back from playing in Santa Cruz, at a few bars and on the streets. Very loved kid by all the people there to celebrate his life today.

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Thank you.

3. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

There's nothing you could have done. You can't see a troubled soul.

So sorry for your loss.

4. irrig8r

So sorry to hear about your friend's son Dana. Especially tragic when anyone dies so young.
    Was he in a band? Santa Cruz, CA?

5. irrig8r

Thanks. In my head I know you're right. In my heart... still trying to make sense of it.

6. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

You can't.

Focus only on the dash.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, CA and yes in a band. Not sure if it was an actual real band, or just 3-4 guys jamming together as they got their ears wet. Sounds like they went on a little 6 month road trip playing street corners, local clubs, etc. I think he was in school to be a music engineer or something similar.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I lucked out last year when a friend of 45 years died. We were in Arizona, he was in Washington. Got a e-mail informing me, all I could do was open a Pacifico, sit in my chair and cry and remember him fondly. I don't do memorials or funerals, but I grieve in my own way.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Gotta do these things your own way. I only met the kid a handful of times, but I went in support of the parents. Pretty nice memorial, not depressing and somber. I can do those, but the old school dark depressing funerals, forget it.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I did a couple of records for a great piano player at Caribou Ranch in Nederland, Colorado in the eighties. I knew he had a drug habit that was different from mine, so what? He never exhibited any sort of depression/craziness; we spent countless hours, together, alone, working on his solo albums. I was back in the NW when I heard he'd committed suicide. Talk about being blindsided! He left a wife and a young child. I think that's what caused me to leave the music business. I don't listen to his records anymore, tho great, it's still too depressing after all these years.