Tow Behind Droplet sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by egbaker, Apr 23, 2005.

1. egbaker

egbaker LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I had an old "Ride and Beautify" tow behind sprayer that served me well. Now I am looking for a replacement (can't find parts).

The sprayer put out nice droplets (very little drifting) and pumped using the wheels thus changing flow with ground speed and therefore was always the right metering once the mix was figured out. Simple and reliable with few moving parts.

Is there anthing around that replaces this? Can the 12 vdc sprayers put out droplets to reduce misting drift? How do you compensate for ground speed changes?

2. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

You can go to your local feed store and they can order a pull behind sprayer they come with 12 volt pumps and booms on them they have low drift. But if you could make your own that would be even better that way you can design your trailer and buy a 35 gallon tank mount it on the trailer then sit the pump on top of the tank then make your boom however long you want it. The best place to get all the parts you need is at www.dultmeier.com they will send you a catalog Ive ordered a lot of things from them and they have great products and service they also carry tow behind sprayers.

3. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

Oh and on the speed of these sprayers and to tell if your getting a good app put blue dye ("im sure you have used this stuff on your lawn apps") in your mix and start in 4th gear if you can see the dye pretty decent then your getting good coverage if not keep lowering your speed until you can see the dye getting good coverage. And to help control drift problems they have drift reducing chemicals just ask where you buy your chemicals at. You also can make a drift hood for your boom their not hard to make youself.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Drift reducing chemicals???

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Back in the 80's we used an adjuvant called Driftless. I don't know if they still make it or not. We used in industrial weed control mixes.