Tow behind sweepers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Crawford, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Crawford

Crawford LawnSite Member

Does any one know of a company that makes a heavy duty tow behind sweeper. It is needed for my golf course on the driving range for picking up divots before mowing.

2. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

4. "Ground Control"

Im not sure, but maybe he wants to pick up the clumps of grass from when somebody goes a little deep with their club (in that case the parker would probably work great)... but if he wants to pick up golf balls??... then I think he will need something a little more "HEAVY DUTY" as he stated in his first post. Those parker sweepers are meant to pick up leaves and twigs, very "Light Duty"

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

There are machines that are specific to picking up golf balls (on the driving range.)

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Where did he say a thing about golf balls? He said for picking up divots.

I don't see why one of those parker sweepers wouldn't work for that. They sure look pretty heavy-duty to me. At least they better be, for the price...

7. Crawford

Crawford LawnSite Member

I saw those ones too Fiveoboy01 but they look a lot like the one I destroyed last year but for more money.

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, I think parker is the only one that makes a decent machine. Wether it will do what he wants or not I have no idea about. But Parkers are definitely better than the other look alike ones you can buy for half the price.

9. "Ground Control"

A divot is the hole in the ground made by the golf club when somebody hits below the ball. Kinda hard to pick a hole in the ground up isnt it?:confused:

10. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

[QUOTE="Ground Control";1756937]A divot is the hole in the ground made by the golf club when somebody hits below the ball. Kinda hard to pick a hole in the ground up isnt it?:confused:[/QUOTE]

When did I say anything about picking up a hole in the ground?