tow & mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a prow mow they are trash not very heavy duty at all.

3. Frontier-Lawn

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Have you thought about how much fuel you will be using per hour with three engines running? Have you considered the maintenance? Have you thought about getting all the heights exactly the same, tire pressure etc?
    My brother in law has one for his own lawn, it works on his lawn but I would not pay him to cut my grass and leave it looking the way he does. He's also bent the hitch a few times on "bad" corners.

5. Frontier-Lawn

i have a opt. to get a 8 acre empty lot thats for sale to mow thats y ask

6. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

We have this great set up... Its pulled behind kabota tractor 4 wheel drive... we got the finish mower 60 inch and then we bought 2 of the 6 inch swisher mower ( 60 inch cuts) and put them on and can make one pass equals 15 feet.. works sweet... I am waiting for my new digital camera to come in and will take pic's it works so nice... and gets alot more done

7. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

That mower in the first link, is CRAP, the one I used was MUCH more solidly built, but I havent a clue who made it. all I know is it was red, and had about an 8 foot cut, really nice for football fields.

8. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Promow is junk. :)

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

junk. Toro or jacabson pull behinds are the best. I wouldn't buy a JD a tractor. Save your money buy a 48" walkbehind. Those gas power tow behind units still don't cut very well. Unless its a dixie chopper pup.