towable arrowboard

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AintNoFun, May 23, 2006.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

quick question, im looking to purchase an arrowboard for lane closures and what not. is it better to buy a diesel powered or solar powered board? any input would be appreciated. thanks

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen alot more solar powered boards more than anything else. As you can imagine, the downside is not having any sun, but I think the storage capacity of the batteries are immense to the point where you should be able to go at least 2 weeks with only a couple days of sun.

3. Cam22

Cam22 LawnSite Member

No question the solar powered is the way to go. With todays LED boards you can go for a long time with out any sun. The only problem with them is that the battery don't last forever and it can cost some cash to buy new ones.

4. AintNoFun

thats what i figured. if we use it once or twice a week that will be alot so i think they should have plenty of time to charge if there is no sun. im looking for an led model but they are $$$$... i could get a nice solar halogen for about a grand, well see... thanks for the input...

5. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i always see penndot or your states dot or even township city or whatever selling them in auctions all the time for really cheap so check them out

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

8. AintNoFun

lol that is funny. those boards are alot more than the board i want though. i need just a simple arrow board.. a lot of businesses now are renting those message boards around to here to let you know about sales or specials and its very annoying...