Towing a gooseneck with isuzu npr?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Jan 13, 2013.

1. aird208

aird208 LawnSite Member

It will move a load, just don't plan on winning any races. When you have the Isuzu floored it will probably pull like your cummins does idling, lol. Is it an automatic transmission?

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I think your dodge would be a better puller, IMO.

3. Earth and Turf

Earth and Turf LawnSite Member

We run 3 NQR (heavier duty than NPR) dump trucks and haul mulch about 500 loads per year each truck. They will haul 15 yards with no problem. We pull our 22' trailer and a 287 Cat Skid steer. Will not win any races but pulls good. All you can get empty is about 72 mph and loaded with trailer about 65. we get depending on which truck 8-10 MPG. We really like them for deliveries. They run non stop March to July.

4. Earth and Turf

Earth and Turf LawnSite Member

This truck has a 14' bed.

772.jpg

5. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

if its gas it will possibly be decent.....the 4 cal. diesel is gutless. The nearest wholesaler, who sees hack companies show up with them 100 times a day told us to not get one due to lack of power while hauling only plant material!!! I have driven one, and while mpg is great, would not use one to hual a gooseneck.

I would only use one for cuttin grass, snow plowin, or general landscape maintenance. NEVER for heavy hauling.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I must have missed this post. That is an awesome setup.

Should be picking up a 97' Isuzu NPR cab/chassis next week.