Towing aerator with ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bayfish, Sep 10, 2003.

1. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at a Lesco tow behind aerator. They have a 48" and 60" both can be used with three point hitch or towed. My compact tractor may be too big or heavy for some lawns. Anyone with experience using ZTR to tow with? Concerned about strain on wheel motors and hydro pumps. Would be using hustler z 24hp honda. Did search, did not find much.

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I pull an RC4800 tow behind aerator, which is an exact copy of the Lesco. I don't have any problem pulling it using my Dixie Chopper.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Several peope have pulled these with their Z's, and thery've had absolutely no problems. There really isn't that much resistance from these units.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What do you have for a compact tractor? I have a small 15hp Mits diesel w/3pt and it works great with the exact aerator you are talking about. It is a Classen split tine, same as a Lesco.

The 3 pt is great for when you come up to a sidewalk or driveway. I am in and out of properties much faster.

mar03 205.jpg

5. Classen tow with electric lift pulled by a ztr.

me on tow.jpg

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I pull one behind a Great Dane....

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I pull something way way bigger than an aerator with my lazerHP. Never had any problems.

8. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hoss

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I am. Notice I didn't say what.

10. jay warner

jay warner LawnSite Member
    from sc

LGF, Classen info? Website maybe.