Towing attachments with Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigjeeping, Mar 4, 2007.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering who uses there Z with tow-behind dethatchers or aerators?
    Have you ever experienced any problems with your hydros? Does a lazer have enough power to tow a dethatcher? Thanks guys :cool2:

2. bigjeeping

aanyone???

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know how a dethatcher would work, but I refuse to use tow-behind aerators. My walk-behind earns more money and does at least twice as good a job: the tines are spaced twice as close, the tined axle propels the machine instead of just being dragged along (so it digs in), and there's more weight pushing down.

The hard way is the right way, almost always.

4. perrygdoc

perrygdoc LawnSite Member
    from So Cal

You wrote...
    "My walk-behind earns more money and does at least twice as good a job: the tines are spaced twice as close, the tined axle propels the machine instead of just being dragged along (so it digs in), and there's more weight pushing down."

Don't know how you can say your walk behind earns more money. It takes at least twice as long with more strain on you employee (or you). Additionally a towed aerator is less expensive initially than a walk behind. I don't know about quality of the work though but, dollars and efficiency, seem to be with the tow behind.

pao

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

bigjeep, you can pull almost any attachment you want with your Lazer with no worries. I have never heard of anybody burning up the hydros of any commercial Z when pulling anything.

6. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

I have pulled anything that I have needed to with my Z, and have had no problems.

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We pull our aerator with our Lazer HP that has over 2,200 hours on it. Works just fine and it does one heck of a job too. We used to use the walkbehind aerators and we are so glad we dont do that any more. Those machines are slow and a royal pain in the @$$.

8. bigjeeping

Thanks guys.. looks like I'm gonna get a hitch fabbed up

9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have pics of there hitches??

10. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I am needing an aerator, what kind do you use.