towing Leaf Loader and trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, Nov 27, 2005.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Im planning on mounting a leaf loader to my truck this spring, i want to have the loader on a 2" hitch and be able to tow the trailer at the same time, so i dont have to depend on having the trailer with me all the time and so i can maneuver better
    I was looking into something like this
    [​IMG]

But im not sure if the loader will get in the way of the trailer jack. how would people go about doing this? i would like it to look like this
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Photos from Heron Cove PM
    Could i off set the leaf loader? will that effect the capacity and strength of my hitch?

2. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

3. kemmer

na i dont want it hanging off the front

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

How about mounting a receiver (piece of square tubing) on the top of your trailer tong on the right side so the loader sits right over the center. When you don't need the trailer just slide the loader off and put on the back of your truck. I'm sure you wouldn't be driving 24/7 with that thing on the back of you truck anyways.

5. kemmer

good thinking

6. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

I would. It's the better, faster, safer setup. We watch LCO's fumbling with the loader on the back. Put it on the front and use the plow mounts.

7. korelandscaping

korelandscaping LawnSite Member
    from ct

I'm assuming your mounting the loader to a dump truck? If so I'll get a few pics of mine tomorrow.