1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Charles, May 29, 2002.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

What is the towing capacity of the 23hp commercial grade lazer? I welded a tow bar on mine. Thinking about pulling an areator. How many pounds can be towed?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Charles,

I can't say what the towing capacity will be for the tow bar you welded on, but with our Lazer Hitch Kit, it has a maximum drawbar pull rating of 80 lbs. What this means is that if you dropped an 80 lbs bag of rocks on the ground, tied a rope around the open end of the sac, and tied the other end to your Lazer Z, it could safely pull the weight. Anything beyond this, and you're taking a chance at overloading the pumps and/or wheel motors. Check what the drawbar pull rating of the aerator you're using is. If it is beyond 80 lbs., I wouldn't recommend using your Lazer Z to pull it. Also, if you hear the pumps or wheel motors screaming, stop what you're doing and unhitch the item you are pulling. If you don't do it, you'll regret it later.

Hope this helps,

Exmark Customer Support