1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by wireman36, Jan 25, 2004.

1. wireman36

wireman36 LawnSite Member

I have a 2003 LaserZ HP and would like to be able to do some
    limited towing. I purchased a Gravely tow hitch that is very heavy duty and will match up with a little modification. I would like to tow a garden type cart with turf tires on level ground. Looking to pull plant material & mulch for now. Next year I will
    pull the cart with an ATV. What if any rating does my mower have? Any other thoughts?
  2. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I pull a sweeper and cart with my Lazer with no problem. Don't know if you're supposed to but it doesn't seem to be in as much of a bind as when mowing. They sell a hitch for it so it must be OK.
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. We do offer a hitch for the Lazer HP as well. The part number is 1-651234 and lists for around $35.

You can pull a small cart w/o too much weight in it. We only rate the hitch at 80 lbs. of draw weight. The hitch will handle much more but we don't want to over work the drive train. Draw weight is the amount of force it takes to actually mover the object being towed.

Just remember the Lazer is really a high performance mowing machine and not a tractor. It's sorta like using a Corvette to pull your boat instead of your truck. Each has its purpose.

4. wireman36

wireman36 LawnSite Member

Thanks Terry, thats an excellent analogy. I do have an old
    Troy-built tractor I could use for towing if I had to.
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

For occasional use it will do fine,but as terry said it ain't no tractor so take it easy.Pumps and motors are a bit pricey.