Town Limits and Business License

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GreenSceneLLC, May 3, 2013.

1. GravelyWalker

GravelyWalker LawnSite Member

I am from indianapolis and as far as the research I have done no business license is needed for lawn care or landscaping
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Where I live you do not need a license to run a landscape business. They only require you to fill out your form to pay taxes and on there is where they recognize you as a business

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

another annoying thing is the state or someone sends me a business property tax bill every year that is about $85. what is that for?

i don't own a business building or property just for business purposes. i work out of my house which i already pay property taxes for. why the double tax? :laugh:

you can't write anything off on taxes because it's your house and used for personal reasons as well as business.

they just want money any way they can get it man. it's a hassle.

State and federal laws are being added so quickly that the average citizen commits three felonies per day and cannot possibly figure them all out, said attorney Harvey Silverglate.

this is the truth. we all break laws every day without realizing it. most laws aren't enforced but say a cop or whoever is having a bad day they can all of a sudden decide to enforce a law they don't usually enforce.

4. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

The business property tax is on your equipment. We have to list it around here every Jan. If you haven't listed your stuff they may just guess how much they think you have, which is probably more than you do.

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i have to tell them what mowers, trimmers, blowers, edgers, etc. i have.

i think it's dumb. if i went out of business i would still have the same number of stuff and use it on my own yard. what then? no taxes on it. weird.