townhomes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BBS, Nov 8, 2003.

1. BBS

BBS LawnSite Member

A LOT of townhouse and 1/2 acre single family homes are popping up around me...In the past I've usually steered clear just because I don't like doing 10 minute lawns,yeah I'm picky lol... Was just wondering if there are people who base their business around strictly small end properties what your experiences are when dealing with the people..I'm sure it's a bit different than dealing with the family in the million dollar home... pro's and con's would help me out

2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Dabbled in the town home properties this past summer. Hate them. Access to back yards always seem to be a problem. A couple were renters. To me that translates to slow pay or no pay. Always tight quarters around parked vehicles.Lots of trash, kids and other obstacles to contend with. Won't go down that road again.

3. BBS

BBS LawnSite Member

Those so far were my #1 concerns too...Hopefully theres some pro's to balance everything out though heh

4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

The advantage of smaller properties really seems to come into play if you have a lot of them close by which would give you a tight route. A tight route equals less drive time and "goofing off" by employees. One of the advantages we have found to groupings of townhomes is the similar make-up of the properties. Therefore, patterns can be developed easily and it is easier to get accustomed to the properties.

5. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Most townhouse and single family homes here have there only development and are bidded out.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -