Township Park Bid

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by keepinitgreenpa, Apr 1, 2009.

1. keepinitgreenpa

keepinitgreenpa LawnSite Member

I wanted to get some bidding input on this job. As you can see there is two soccer fields, baseball field, and a park. It's looking to be about 6 acres so I was thinking somewhere around $435. Any help would be much appreciated so let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Josh
    Keepin' It Green

[​IMG]

2. keepinitgreenpa

that number is per cut by the way if you didn't catch that.

3. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't distinguish any of the three fields you mention, but I get just over six acres too from the triangle you show. Looks like not too much trimming and like the paved surfaces do not come out of the 6 A. Around here you would be about $100 higher than "average" and they would probably then find someone do to it for $200.

Make sure if you give them a price it is tied to some known schedule, like once a week. That is, don't tell them $400 then find out "fine, we'd like you to do it every two weeks."

Good luck. I hope it goes your way.

4. MATSON TURF

MATSON TURF LawnSite Member

On this side of the state, something like that would go for $15-$20 an acre..Its a shame, but true...Every Tom, Dick and Harry are out there cutting grass....My bet is that someone will bid it for $150-$180 per cut..Good Luck

5. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

Heck I'd do it for $ 175 per cut! Would be in and out in about an hour with two guys.... dosn't look like a very well maintained property ??

6. keepinitgreenpa

Yeah after doing some searching I could see me pricing that around $150. I didn't think i'd have to drop my price like that. I currently mow a cemetery that's about 27 acres and get $2250 / cut which is cheaper then anyone in my area. I'm looking at $85 /ish an acre which obviously there is plenty of trimming involved in that price but i'm guessing this won't take nearly the time as i'm used to spending. In comparison it would take us about 30 man hours to do part of my cemetery this size. I'll know next week with this though thanks for all the help guys.

7. keepinitgreenpa

Alright drum roll please...

My Bid $150
    WINNING BID $100

Seriously how can you compete with that

8. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow. It is not likely to look much better at the end of the summer than it does now.

It's always intersting when someone follows through on this kind of post. Thanks. Nothing you could have done and still been in business next year.

9. keepinitgreenpa

Yeah how about it but there is one thing these guys can't compete with and that's the big jobs... I just signed another year to the cemetery i started working with last year so it makes the loss of this 4k job so much less significant. Still it would be nice to get a call next week when these two lower bids don't have any insurance to back the price.

I've always said you pay for what you get so I can't wait to see what $100 gets this township.

10. MATSON TURF

MATSON TURF LawnSite Member

WoW!!!!....Thats even LOW for southern michigan..Protect the jobs you have. Do good work, at a fair price and you will do fine..