Toyota Tundra Frames Rusting

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by AWJ Services, May 2, 2009.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

2. I don't believe it, there supposed to be the best trucks on the market, at least that's what I read here on Lawnsite.

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy cheap, get cheap.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

dont you have a tundra? ;)

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I'am not surprised one bit. You live in the rust belt where you have road salt and cheap chinese steel what do you expect you get RUST.

Toyota trucks always have known to rust out but not that soon.

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

A 2000 truck should not rust to the point of the frame cracking no matter where you live. Yotas are known for frame rust period. I live in jersey and we get out fair share of salt snow slush and anything else that needs salt. My trucks have small rust spots here and there but nothing near what these trucks have. Mines a 98 and is perfect. Yea it has rust, but its not about to crack in half.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

youre thinking of gravelyguy.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Oops.. :hammerhead:

Sorry for the mix up..

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

WTF you guys salt the shat out of the roads in the snow belts this is one thing you just do not see with southern vehicles. Without a bath from time to time even a Toyota will rust, that looks like some IDIOT did not take care of their truck.

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

The h*ll they are, I was stupid enough to own 4 of them. Most problematic vehicles I ever owned. If you could make it one month without taking it to the sorry azz dealer for repairs you have done good. Especially when they tell you every time its normal for that truck! And forget about calling Toyota CS, uncarring sorry bunch of scumbags! GRRRR, don't even get me started on Toyota! It gives me a warm cozy feeling all over when I drive by the dealer and see these beast lined up with huge rebates/discounts. The best one I owned was a 2000, only needed brakes done every 2000 miles, ball joints every other oil change, tail lights shorted out so many times the police knew me well, impossible to balance the tires on them, clunk in tranny. I will say though that the truck had a quite ride and towed with no problem, just hope the brakes will stop when you needed them to. Oh yeah, had a ravenous thirst for gas also.