toyota

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by moparman, Jan 18, 2007.

1. moparman

moparman LawnSite Member
    from pa

who here thinks that toyota will do the farm work my 1500 can do? doubt it

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

if it's equally matched, don't try and compare your 1500 to a 4 cyl 2wd tacoma, match engine for engine and capacity for capacity. if you take a V8 tundra with 4wd and long bed, and compare it to a V8 1500 with 4wd and long bed, the toyota will take the farm work like a champ.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

NO way,i just purchased a 88 toyota today 4 banger and stepping out of a full size chevy into a small truck is like daylight and dark.

4. moparman

moparman LawnSite Member
    from pa

bs that jap car wouldnt handle the work i do in a day with my truck i dont drive on the road becuse im 15 but that tundra the new one i was wacthing videos for the ranch with it i just laughed all the way threw it could never haul cattle like that hahaha jap cars haha

5. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

Exactly..you stepped into a small truck. The tundra isn't a small truck and will no doubt keep up with the farm work of a 1500 chevy. With the new Tundra coming out it's even more so. It may even beat the chevy in farm work with the new model.

6. moparman

moparman LawnSite Member
    from pa

im not talking chevy sry doge hint the name mopar name it coulndt compete unless i c it fo my self in the real world not on the toyota website. haha farm work and toyota

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Your right the tundra is a heavy built truck never run one.

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Like the opinion of a 15 year old even matters. When you can afford a new truck, make a post about it.

Really, any half ton truck is too small of a truck for hard work in my opinion. That includes Dodge.

However, comparing all the half tons, the new Toyota Tundra has them beat in every department just looking at the specifications...and knowing Toyota's excellent quality control and their long history of very strong compact trucks, I think the Tundra will be every bit as reliable as the Big 3....If not more.

9. moparman

moparman LawnSite Member
    from pa

hey i told shopkepper if he saw it im sry for bashing toyota i just cant see how you can buy one and to let you know i probly work harder than you buddy so tell me how do you know i cant aforrd a truck? i dont get payed buddy you try waking up ever mornig at 4 do your chores in the barn leave for school come home work your but off in the field then come back at 5 and milk till 8: 9.00 the only reason im even on the computer is becuse i have the flu if not id have been working today along wit the reat of the week.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

You can work hard as hell and not make any money.

Work smart, not hard.

That said, I'm glad to see good work ethic, now take that motivation, and get a job, and make $$$$.

I don't know if you have fast internet off in the boonies there, but watch this video to see why Toyota trucks are known for their strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQe-v1IneGw