1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

TPE-270PF Edger

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by GroundControl, May 28, 2005.

1. GroundControl

GroundControl LawnSite Member

Mark, I just purchased this edger and have a couple of questions. It's extremely hard to start cold but once warmed up..first pull every time. Will this get better after I get a few hours on it?

Also the tube locking bolt..shoiuld it be loose after it's tight and should there be a little wobble between the engine and tube?

I appoligize for all the questions but I bought this unit off EBAY new in box. I don't have a dealer around me and did a lot of research before buying.

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

RE: "Feels Loose"
    As long as the index screw and the shaft housing screw are tight, itÂ’s alright.

RE: "Hard Cold Starts"
    To start a cold engine, squeeze throttle lever and apply the trigger lock. This locks the throttle open 1/4.

Push the primmer purge bulb several times (5 or 6) and place the choke lever in closed position. Pull the starter till engine fires then move choke lever to mid-position, then move it to the fully open position.

Let the engine run at idle for a few seconds and you should be good to go. If you still have problems, please contact our technical service manager, Dalton Elmer, at 1-888-482-6252 x201