1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

TR3 Landscape Rake

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BFreiburger, Feb 3, 2001.

1. BFreiburger

BFreiburger LawnSite Member

Does anybody here use the TR3 Landscape rake? If so how do you like it.

2. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

I demoed one last fall and it seemed okay. I really didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked. What I did see I liked. Nice and heavy and did a good job. I have become pretty good with my box blade though so I cannot justify the $2500 for the TR3.

3. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

We've used a TR3 Tractor Rake quite a bit and found
    it to be a great piece of equipment.We don't have to
    take a trailer load of implements out to do a grading/seeding installation.There are several
    contractors in our area using the TR3 and are having great success with it.We've used it with a Kubota L2900 and a Bobcat 743(had to use a 3pt. adaptor plate).
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Who makes the TR3 rake ?
  5. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

The TR3 Rake is made by Hydroseed Innovations.
    1-800-468-5296 Web site http://www.tr3rake.com
    (sorry I don't know how to make it a hyperlink)
    Ask for Scott Holmes.He's the national sales manager.
    They'll let you know about a dealer in your area or
    possibly bring a rake for you to demo if there's
    enough interest in your area.Tell him that Richard Y.
    gave you the info from Lawnsite.com I've tried to talk them into sponsoring here.Hope this helps.Richard

[Edited by paul on 02-13-2001 at 08:23 PM]
  6. BFreiburger

BFreiburger LawnSite Member

I drove over to Osceola Ind. and met the inventor of the TR3 rake, Kevin Keigley. He is the most down to earth guy you will ever meet.

I would say if you have a need for a Landscape Rake check out the TR3.
  7. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

We bought one last year and so far we think it works pretty good. Haven't used it a whole lot yet though.
  8. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

How much did you pay for this implement cost? How about the shipping? I could really use something like this but was surprised that it doesn't hook to the PTO; it's just a drag behind. How is it different from a regular landscape rake? Is it something a handy guy could fab up himself? Will