Trac-Vac 655-PRO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Oct 6, 2006.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone here have the Trac-Vac 655-PRO.

Thinking about one for my Super-Z

I'm concerned with build quality and how it will flex to follow ground contours.

MSRP is $2000

I don't like Hustler's Bac-Vac unit, as it prevents me from dumping into my pickup bed.

I like how the Trac-Vac unit puts most of it's weight on the trailing attachment and not the ZTR itself.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is such a valuable thing. These machines just get SO heavy - especially in wetter or softer conditions which are always so common with cleanup conditions. While the trac-vac has always been a decent unit (and this one is cool), I would like a larger capacity. I've been shopping for another myself, but there are alot of arrows pointing toward the Cyclone rake. It has a capacity of nearly 3 times this amount - even though just filling the CR up to twice the capacity of the trac-vac would be cool. I know the barrels fill up FAST - especially with leaves. The CR also has a larger engine, but some features that I REALLY like are the type of impellar they use, that is basically indestructable (I've destroyed a steel one before). They just made a big improvement on these for this fall with the new "Jetpath" system. This has a broader opening and more gradual curve for the discharge/suction. The fold up capacity for storage s awesome, as well. Also, with all the extras that I would want, including the heavy duty hose (heavier than the trac-vac), and the dual wheels, the cost is still less, but the construction looks adequate.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Runner.

I steered clear of the CR simply because dumping in my truck is the most valuable feature for me.

With the Trac-Vac, I'll be going UP in capacity from my old Ultra-Vac.

UV was 13.5 bushels and the TV is 16 bushels.

If I had a place to dump at each site, I'd likely go with the Cyclone.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,...my idea was to put two tarps down - overlapped just slghtly, and just pull uponto those and let it slide. This was the idea I had for the clamshell UV oiginally, but when I saw th CR, I thought wow.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Any idea what these things cost?

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Which one?

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Both aftermarket units being discussed here.

Also, what do you guys think of the Protero vacs?

8. cbelawn

cbelawn LawnSite Member

on my hustler z 60". it works great, i did my lawn today with it and the grass looks like carpet. Got to have the weights on the front ( i made my own).

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats the fully mounted, one can model, correct?

I don't think weights are needed for the 655-PRO, and it's double the capacity.

Does your single fill up in like 15 feet?

10. cbelawn

cbelawn LawnSite Member

2000 sqft till i dumped