1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trac Vac bagger ....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Dec 15, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We are looking into buying a dual 44gal Trac Vac system for our new rider, I would like to know just some pro's and con's about it. By the way its an 05 model with about 2hrs of use on it and were buying it for $1100.00, good price or not? Thanks in advance.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

"nobagger" wanting to buy a bagger ...?
  3. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

If it is the model 655 I would not. This is just my opinion though. If you look through my past posts you can read about it. The basic synapses I have is it is huge, does not hold much, blows dust everywhere, and did I say it is huge !!!

If you want some spare parts other than the inlet hose, discharge hose and motor I would more than willing to work you a good deal..
  4. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

lol.......oops spilled my beer.:laugh:
  5. nobagger

from Pa

What else is left after that,lol except 2 ties and 2 lids.
  6. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Well you have the frame that attaches to the mower, the snout that attaches to the deck (in my case a dixie chopper) the top section that attaches to the cans. I will keep the cans for use in other things.

Have you made any decisions on if you will get this unti you talked about?
  7. nobagger

from Pa

I dont know yet kipper, this is as bad as buying our home,lol. I just don't know if I want to spend over 8k for a mower when I could get into a Lesco or a newer used rider. I definetly will be getting a rider of some sorts and that Trac vac.
  8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

This may not work for you but the capacity of that unit is a little less than 12 cubic feet. Almost the same as an Accellerator bagger with the extender....

9. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

That is a GREAT POINT DRM !!! I have an acclerator and that is some of the best money I have spent !!!!
  10. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

If you do end up going with the lesco, get the peco collection system with it. It has made my life much much easier.