1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trac-Vac for a WB ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaLawnCare, Nov 17, 2001.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyoen ever used one of these ??
    Trac Vac 470

I dont think a grass gobbler would work very good. :confused:
  2. We use one on a scagg 52 inch they are great for leaves when you want to grease your spindles it is a pain

XOFMOT LawnSite Member

from the PICS. on their website, I glad I'm over 6' tall! Looks like seeing right in front of you would be a nightmare. I'd sure feel sorry for a shorter person using this system. I just Like to see where I'm going.
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Save your money, they are not worth it in the long run. Its heavy on the mower, it restricks your vision, it reduces your trim mowing around a lot of areas with limbs sticking out. Buy a machine that is designed to collect.

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

The Toro 52" is already front heavy, .. I think the extra weight and lack of visibility would be the worst drawbacks. On a positive note, it wouldn't take up any more trailer space.

On a side note, I've noticed when "grinding" lots of leaves my belts slip more, I think the dust is making the pulleys too slick. Extra weight of a 5hp motor, and a trash can full of ground up leaves - not to mention dust blowing in your face, won't help things.
  6. The worst things about the setup is vision and takeing the barrow holder on and off to grease the spindels and idlers .The extra weight does make it hard it lift up when you want to go over a curve or bump.Dust hasnt been a problem
  7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

If I remember right, bluebird made vacs for the walk behind mowers. The setup looked easier to see over, when behind the mower. I have not seen anyone using one though. Anyone have one of these? How do they work? Looks like the dust would be somewhat eleminated. When using a grass gobbler, or the like, the dust is almost unbearable!!!!! :mad:
  8. It is not a big seller for obvious reasons said already. Also there are others like this made by diff. MFG's.
  9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 470 for my Lesco 52 decided not to install, did doubles on both mowers used Grassgobler on Scag, and cloth bag on
    Lesco. Needs larger capacity maybe the double model.