Trac Vac for Walk-behind? Anyone have it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 24, 2005.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I just purchased an Exmark Turf Tracer HP today and I need a bagger, the Exmark one is cloth an for $299 I don't think worth it. I saw a picture on the wall of my dealer with my new mower and after some searching came across the Trac Vac (if you have no clue what I am talking about see picture below). I am wondering who has one? Pros or Cons? It weighs 110lbs and seems obstructive but will hold more than a 3 bushel bagger and won't throw my floating deck off. Any ideas or suggestions? Any other great baggers for Walk-behinds?
    Thanks sorry it is so long

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you have hills, low bushes, low tress the trac can get in the way. You can look at the accelerator bagger, it is a side bagger off the deck. The trac-vacs on the smaller riders are great and i just finished one on my lazer z hp.If you do get the trac make sure you get the 16" Impeller, its 1800cfm's compared to the smaller blower at 1200. Ive had both and the 12" impeller would not bag wet grass that good.
    You can also use a long hose for leaf removal out of bushes or flower beds. There have been times where it was used to load the truck with leaves but it took awhile.
    John