trac vac for walkbehind - Yes or No ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassworks, Nov 11, 2002.

1. grassworks

grassworks LawnSite Member

Anyone using these this fall and if so would you reccomend them. Thinking about adding them to 48 " JD , using on 10 to 12k lawns and thought it might reduce blowing and tarping. ( before anyone say's mulch:D "lets not go there...hehe)
  2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I'm not sure what you you have a picture or link?
  3. grassworks

these are the Large cans (50 gal.?) mounted to the deck of a walkbehind with a blower that vacuums debris.

from AL

I used to run them on my Tracers. They were great for picking up light stuff, twigs etc but clogged easily. I actually preferred using the Accelerator bags.
  5. grassworks

with the accelerator , do they hold a great deal more than a regular side bagger (grass gobbler) or is it pretty much the same with the reduced weight ( aluminum accelerator )?
  6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

MULCH :waving:

from AL

They have an X-Large Accelerator that holds alot more than my stock eXmark bags. Also easier on-off, very ingenious design.
    Excellent catcher, much lighter easier to manage than the G. Gobbler.

I rarely use them anymore (mulching convert) but I haven't seen a better bag set-up than the Accelerator.
  8. Trac Vac, but I would say the JRCO leaf plows over them on a WB.

Do you have a truck loader?
  9. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

I have not used one myself but i have talked to a few local guys that have them and love them on there walkbehinds. As long as you are at least 5' 5" tall you will be just fine. I used a track vac in a difernt application this prior week on a clean-up and was amazed at how well it chopped and compacted the leaves. Go for it. Contact Capt devo at RPM sales here on lawnsite, He had quoted me a price on a track vac 470, which is what you would want, and it was hundreds less then the local dealers delivered to my door.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 4 of them (470's) on my WB's. Have had them for 8 years now and we love them. They do a great job with double gators too.