Trac Vac price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, Oct 9, 2002.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Was quoted $1500 for trac vac 470 for a wb by local dealer. Any better prices out there? Priced with Pro I/C Briggs engine(6or 8) Thankyou Joel

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds bout right...we have 7 of them for our 52 and 61 Wbs

3. jsaunders

Rodfather - I know you have Ferris mowers, have you had to do anything to them? Which blades do you find work better than others. How do you like the 61'' dd w/b, I'm considering moving up from my 52's next year. Any info you can give is appriciated. Thankyou Joel

4. rodfather

One of my 52's blew a hydro earlier this year...machine was only 2 years old so it was covered completely including labor.

Normally we run Gators on all the WB's. Fall clean-up time I run double Gators to help mulch up the leaves, especially places where we vac them up.

One of my 61" WB's is my baby, nobody uses it but me. I love that machine...has a 23hp kawi.

All in all, I have been extremely pleased with Ferris's WB's and would recommend them to anyone.

5. jsaunders

RodFather- My two 52's have been really good only a few small problems. Isn't it funny how you have your own mower "baby" to use. I work with my father and I don't really like him using my mower.:p Have you looked into the ferris riders? I don't like them on hills- just not used to being on top of the machine. I am trying to decide which to get 61'' w/b or rider. What do you have for engines? I have the 17 kaw but would love to have the 23 at times. I've tryed the gators but seem to clump to much in thick grass- nice in leaves though. Do you have velkies on the w/b's? I have the 2 wheel one yet I think I'm going to do some cutting and welding so the velky tires will match the drive wheels.
    Thanks Joel

6. rodfather

jsaunders

Just picked up a IS 3000 Ferris Z with the new, full suspension. Nice unit.

Our 52's WB's have either a 17 Kawi or a 18 B/S. both are pretty much the same I think. The 61" WB's all have 23 Kawis. Tried to get Ferris to make a new 61" WB with a 25 hp Kawi, but they wouldn't do it. Then I did a little digging and found out the bore and stroke on the 23 and 25 Kawi was the same:confused: What's up WIT DAT? Differrent carb with bigger jets to get the additional 2 hp.

Yepper, got 1-wheel velkies for all the WB's. Had the 2-wheel type, but didn't care for 'em. Like they say"why walk when you can ride?"

And we run 3 Toro Groundsmaster too (72" up front deck). Yoiu talk about a tank!!!