Trac vac trailer??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Nov 16, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I did a search, but didn't see anything about these.

Does anyone here have any experience with those Trac Vac trailers that you pull behind your mower/lawn tractor?
    The kind that's like a lawn cart with a box on it that tilts to dump.

2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have two Trac Vac trailers and prefer them over the mount on cannister Trac Vacs. The cannisters have very small capacity and tend to leak leaves badly. Here is a picture of the TV 880 I just got that compliments a TV 580 that is about 15 years old and a cannister TV that sits in the warehouse most of the time.

vac01.jpg

3. Fine Lines Lawn

and another...

vac02.jpg

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

It must be easier to back up, but seems like thats a lot of wasted space on the trailer.

Do you have trouble maneuvering around with that thing?

How about putting it on and off the trailer?

You only use this for leaves right, not all year long?

How does it dump?

Sorry for all the ??, I'm just curious. The only ones I'm familiar with are the ones with the two barrels in the back of the mower. Never saw the trailer one besides on the web.

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Following up on Guidos question...
    How long is it while hooked to the chopper??

BTW notice how dirty that chopper is, I think you guys 4 wheel with those things during your down time :D

I wonder how a chopper with a flex deck would do with that vac??

6. Fine Lines Lawn

:eek:
    Billy caught me... I should cut down on my ATV activity at night. :)

The long tongue does help with the manueverability around trees, and with backing. It's pretty much lile driving the truck and trailer around. I also have a model 580 tow behind (not pictured) which is shorter, and it seems the longer unit is easier to manuerver in tight areas without binding.

Total length... I'll measure tomorrow.

Used only for leaves in spring and fall.

Eats up trailer space bad.

The flex-deck doesn't discharge into the main deck, so it's discharge wouldn't get vacced during that pass. Other than that, it wouldn't interfere with the flex-deck.

Dumping is acheived with a hinged frame that releases just behind the impeller. The medal exhaust tube from the impeller to the box also releases to allow for dumping. They start out with a dump trailer like you can buy at Lowes.

I disconnect the discharge at the mower end for loading and unloading. That helps manuever in the trailer without beating it up.

The impeller is designed for vacuum only with no grinding characteristics, but when combined with double gator blades and DC's Magic Mulchers, (see Eric's page for picture of Magic Mulchers), I end up with loads of pretty fine leaf dust.

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like you have it under control!

;)

8. Fine Lines Lawn

17 feet, 3 inches.
    Looks like I can reduce the tongue length by 8 inches.

9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm...

A set-up like that sure would make my life alot easier! :(