trac vac vs bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EOS, Feb 11, 2008.

1. EOS

EOS LawnSite Member

is a trac vac system worth the money vs a accelerator bagger to pick up leaves and during dethatching any help would be helpful

2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes- but each have there place. The trac vac is much better when bagging al the time- the trash can is much easier to carry and lift esp when putting into the back of a truck. I have had the Accelerator for some time but doing cleanups(we had the extender as well) it really wore you out+ it was clumsy to carry/lift ito a truck.
    I have had one trac vac for 6 years- the only thing I had to replace was the impellar housing(cracked from hitting things over the years) Get the Briggs PRO engine- You also get the larger impellar. It keeps up with my 52'' 25hp mowers no problem.

FYI - I have $700+ into the accelerator+ extender and it sitts $1500 for the much used trac vac.
    Joel

3. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

I've used both and prefer the trac-vac the only down sides are the extra engine and it takes up quite a bit more space.

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I have both the trac vac is good if you know your doing leaves or bagging. The grass catcher is nice to have in the truck bed incase the grass got too long and the clippings need to be picked up.

5. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

How much weight do this trac vaqs add to the overall mower?

6. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe 200lbs? The heavest thing is the added pony motor/impellar/housing.

7. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Thats not bad, i thought it would be alot more. But then u ahve to add weighs to the front. Unless ur getting the model where u tow it behind you

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What mower will it go on?

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

trac-vac way to go.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

no you don't...the weight of the barrel and frame including material picked up is plenty ot offset the vacuum motor and impellor housing. i own 4 of them, the trac vac 470 model series for wb's