Trac-vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doug406, Apr 19, 2000.

1. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

Who has had good luck with trac vacs for clean-ups and grass collection. Does anyone use one on the z tractors??

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I just ordered one for my dixie chopper,itll be in friday,ill let u know how it works.I got the honda engine,2 guys I know have the kohler 6hp and both had problems with them.I think thats why trc-vac now offers the Honda 5.5Hp<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

we just put the 6hp kohler on yesterday,to replace the briggs& crapin .what problems did you have with the kohler?

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I have a model 462 on my Scag Super Z. It too has the Kohler 6 hp on it. I haven't had any problems so far with it, better not for what it cost! As for claeaning, bagging, it works real good, am not impressed with the way its mounted though. It also needs a more user friendly throttle control. Has any of the other users had problems with theirs, or modified it in any way? I'm referring to having to turn around and reach over the seat to shut it off when it gets full and starts blowing debris all over the back of your head.<p>Homer