Trac-Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jul 1, 2004.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We have decided we would rather not spend $10,000 just for leaf season next year (on a scag ztr w/bagger)...Instead we are thinking about getting a trac-vac for our walk-behind, has anyone had experience with these...how do they run? Are they a pain to dump...Any other things we should know about them?...Here is a link to the website http://trac-vac.com/

btw...we are interested in the Model 470

2. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Also how much do they cost?

3. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

I had a thread looking for one of these just the other day. A bunch of guys around here have them and love them. I called a guy in NH to get a price, ready-----------$1700.00 with the honda and $1500.00 with the B & S. I'm going to get an accelerator bagger for this year and maybe next year got the 470. The 470 looks like your visibility will be quite resticted.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to run them all the time, when I ran walkbehinds. They work fairly well, although they do fill up fast. Watch out if you're walking into the wind and it's dry out, all the dust flies out the top.

Also, it is hard to see over them, you're usually looking around them.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 4 of the 470's...love em on my 52's and 61's WBs. Have them for around 7 or 8 years now i think. PM or email me at rspronck@aol.com with any questions if ya want.