Track damage photos

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I took these at a CAT dealer in Utah last month. I don't how many hours it had. They were not nice hours though. The little grader I thought was very cool.

P2040074.jpg

P2040081.jpg

cat tracks in SLC.jpg

P2040083.jpg

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

That grader thing in the last pic. is neat, never seen anything like that before

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The tracks still look good though, but the owner should have aluminum or steel idlers on the rear end though, that rubber is sure rounded off.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I found the rounding of the rubber on the rollers intersting as well. My wife took the pictures and she missed the front shot I wanted. The tracks have a line down the middle where they were down to the cords. The tracks were shot. The rollers were pitted bad with big chunks of rubber out of them.

That grader can be set up to be laser machine controlled according to the salesman. PSI also makes a tandem rear machine that would be perfect for my operation. Pretty impressive little grader. I saw one like in the picture go through at auction in Wa. for 30K some years back. I bid it 25K. I wish I had got it. I am sure these are much more.

5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say that machine did allot of work dealing with stone. Stone will wear the rollers down quick and if running in rocky conditions and spin the tracks it will cut a groove all the way around the tracks.

6. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Cat MTL's are slick looking machines, but there system reminds me to much of a snowmobile, look's very complicated.

7. bobcat_ron

All my customers say the ASV system is pretty straight forward, all the bolts are easy to see and replace, the CTL's look complicated to them.

8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

They have a service bullentin out of some of the first ones off the line, the rubber did not bond to the wheel's properly and CAT is replacing...I've had a few chucks come off of mine, since replacement no problems....yet....

9. bobcat_ron

Are the wheels steel or plastic, mine make a sound reminiscent of plastic when I tap them with my poking stick.

10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Steel with rubber bonded around the outside dia.