Track damage pics!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Jan 3, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I love cruising around on www.catused.com and looking at all the old Cat MTL's and looking at the pics of the damage to the tracks.

Here's a few of my favourites:

ASVdamage.jpg

ASVdamage7.jpg

ASVdamage8.jpg

ASVdamage9.jpg

ASVdamage4.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow thats some nice work!!!!

3. bobcat_ron

The best pic I ever saw was on an original 247 with over 6000 hrs, tracks were worn down smooth, right down to almost the nylon, and others I have seen all have a characteristic wear pattern where the roller wheel ride on, it's very odd too see that.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

so these are the tracks on machines that are for sale? or are they pics of what to look for?

5. bobcat_ron

No, these are the pics of the tracks on the machines they (Cat) is selling off as used, but more like "ab"-used!

6. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

i was talking to a guy just the other day and he was saying hes trading in his cat track machine because hes been having nothing but problems with it exspecially the track system its self. he said hes going to a t300

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Wheel motors or tracks.Both are expensive.Just pick your poison.

8. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

yeah t300 he is going to go with.. your right this **** is exspensive on these tracks. my opinion dont ever buy a track machine unless 75% of the time your in the mud sand or on dirt

9. bobcat_ron

This is a common complaint with any track system, I have seen 3 pics (forgot to save those pics) of CTL tracks with really good damage done and it all comes down to the idiot behind the controls and the care of the tracks.

"The nutt behind the butt".

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

wow that sure is a mess