1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Track driven remote mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by real57vetteguy, Oct 10, 2012.

1. real57vetteguy

real57vetteguy LawnSite Member

Hi guys,

My friend who has quite the impressive machine shop and I both have a lot of steep slopes 40 degree or steeper around our homes. We have talked for years about building a remote mower. Well long story short its built, right now we are using the wheels and tires from the wheel chair, I am wondering if anyone has and plans or drawings for a track driven unit. I would like to convert this to a track style mower?

Thanks

Mark

2. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think Wright Mower advertises on this forum has RC Mowers.

4. real57vetteguy

Well our first one went really well. I decided to change the idea of the track drive to a 4 wheel drive with some aggressive tires. I was afraid of tearing up the grass on the slopes with the tracks. I never found any plans etc so we just made our own design.
    The mower in progress now will have a 30" cut, 4wd, 20hp briggs, and you can adjust deck height via remote.

5. real57vetteguy

John,
    What is the liability? Keep in mind I am mowing my personal lawn only, I dont have any nearby neighbors.

6. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that would pretty much take care of it.