Track finally broke

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jul 26, 2013.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Well I have too buy tracks now. Been on the phone talking too people and from what I have gathered most of the tracks are Chinese imports with the chinese manufacturer doing the R&D and in charge of quality control. There are a few exceptions. Camoplast is one. They manufacturer there own and have a pretty good market share on rubber tracks on everything. They are also only about 10% more than the chinese tracks. McLaren also seems too have a better track than the chinese ones although I have not verified where they are manufactured. One of my High school buddies works for Camoplast come too find out so I had a long talk with him today. Laening heavily towards the Camoplast.

2. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

What kind of machine?

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

4. excav8ter

Go with the Solideal / Camoplast tracks. :)

5. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

our TL150 eats tracks like candy, I think the bossman is finally realizing that the cheap knockoff tracks aint worth the savings when you have to replace them every 350 hrs! Had great luck with the takeuchi tracks tho

6. excav8ter

I put contacted Joe Boggs at Mid West Equipment ( www.tracksandtires.com ) about 3 years ago...bought a set of the Solideal/ Camoplast "Crossfix" or "Crossfit" tracks. ....can't remember exactly what they are called. ...ran them pretty hard for concrete removal and excavation work....just work them out, ordered another set with out a second thought. One of my friendly competitors has switched his fleet of 4 Takeuchi CTL's over to these tracks as well. Good price for a GREAT track.

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

The chinese tracks are 1000 a piece. The Camoplasts are about 150.00 dollars more for heavy duty and another 100.00 for the extreme duty.

8. excav8ter

I just paid about $2,200 for tracks and sprockets for my TL130..... Solideal/Camoplast

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

don't want to hear any complaints till yall throw down for some ASV/cat mtl tracks

10. excav8ter

Hahaha. ...I'm not complaining at all. :)