Track finally broke

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jul 26, 2013.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Picked the tracks up today. Install tomorrow maybe. Look really good.

2. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

What tracks did you go with? Picture?

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

Camoplast/solideal tracks. Same as the one on jcb CTLs. They are the oem supplier.

4. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

Thanks. ....I hope they work as well for you as they have for me. :)

5. AWJ Services

from Ga

The ride on these tracks are amazing. Really good traction.

6. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Does anyone have anything new to add to this? I'm in the market for tracks again.

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

So far I like these tracks. Holding up well too concrete demo, road etc. They sap the power on turns as they get more traction. The z bar pattern is harder on grass than the factory track pattern. For what they cost they are a bargain.
    My friend has bought 2 sets of the Chinese tracks on 2 different bobcats and both seemed too show wear really fast. Have another friend with the chionese tracks on his TL130 and they are wearing fast. I doubt they will last much over 600 hours.

My opinion the best are still Bridgestone.
    Camoplast are better than most of the Chinese tracks.

8. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

I do also like the camoplast/solideal tracks. Have a set on a TL130, they last pretty well and provide good traction. I did rip one in half a few years back but it was on an old set that was pretty worn so I can't complain too much.

That being said I'm not sure anymore if you get more for more $.

Have a TL140 with OEM takeuchi tracks, they were expensive but seem to be holding up very well so far. Seems a tougher track than the camoplast ones although not sure if the price difference is worthwhile.

Have a TB016 excavator with OEM takeuchi tracks, ~800 hours on them, tread is still 90%+ but the drive links have started to rip out of one of the tracks. I bought some cheap Ebay tracks to put on it as replacements.

Have a Deere 35d also with chinese tracks on it. I think the excavators you can better get away with the cheap ones.