Track Loader Controls

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jefftb, Mar 11, 2008.

1. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

Sticks for forward/reverse/turns and foot controls for bucket/attachment

or Sticks for bucket/attachment and foot controls for forward/reverse/turns?

Is it optional to have either style on every machine? I do not mean a selector switch but rather one or the other style on the machine? Do manufacturer's stick with one pattern? I'm looking at all machines and would rather have foot control for bucket...

Also, why are used Gehl machines typically less than other brands with near same hours and Mustang more. I thought Tak built the track machines for them.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I remember Gehl having T bars and foot controls, but the industry is really pushing pilots now with all the video gamers getting into the work scene (yeah right, lazy buggers)

3. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

So exactly what are "pilots"? What's the operation process. The last skid I operated most certainly did not have pilots........

4. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

With pilots all your machine directional travel is in the left control and all the loader control is in the right. I was only in one for about 10 hrs or so but it does take getting used to at first but i started to like it when i was done. I prefer the Case skid pattern myself.