1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Track Loader selection guide

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TNdigger, Apr 15, 2008.

1. TNdigger

TNdigger LawnSite Member

Ok none of you like my compairables so let me hear your raw input. Here is the criteria. I need a track loader that can perform under the following conditions.
    -Transport pallets with 3000+ lbs
    -Handle hilly terrain
    -This machine will ne used over existing lawn.
    -My market is high end residential
    -Applications include landscape construction, hardscape construction, and other typical applications. Nothing extreme though.
    - Less than 50K US dollars
    - Serviceability? Not by trained and certified mechanic.

Machines I have Demoed or Inquired about Include:
    Bobcat T 250
    Case 440 CT
    ASV SR-70
    CAT 257b (failed first criteria)
    Cat 277

Any and all responses are appreciated. Please explain your selection.
  2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

is the t250 more then 50k? how did you like the performance of the t250?

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Putting the Cat 257 in there was kind of stupid wasn't it??

What about the Takeuchi TL150, it matches very closely to the T250.

TL150 will blow T250 out of the water. TL140 may do what he wants in his price range.
  6. TNdigger

TNdigger LawnSite Member

All machines are open cab.
    I didn't put the the 257b in the mix. the rep of the your claim to fame said it could handle it. It did not
    I have demoed the TL 140 Was not pleased with agilty of controls. maybe just the unit I tested.

Thanks again. Even smart a#$ with the disorder.

You may not like the vertical lift design, but the Deere CT322 will easily lift 3000 lbs. and should be able to get into for $38,900.00. Sevicablity is great. I have a buddy at Richie tractor that can hook you up with a demo.
  8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Pssst, can ya wait until August?
  9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should look into the ASV SR80. I have seen them lift over 3,000lbs and it has the lowest ground pressure (3.1psi) out of any trackloader that will fit your application. I also know that you should be able to get into it with an open cab for under 50K- I know a guy who did. Some of the other application criteria you have listed fit the bill as well. There is no other machine that will handle hilly terrain like the SR80- it has 71" of track on the ground front to back and the tracks are 20" wide (55% of the machines width is track) but the width is only 72" with a bucket- ASV produced a video that demonstrates it balance and traction- there is even a video on youtube showing it pushing a T250 backwards in th esnow at about 6mph. Lift height 125" to pin, standard high flow- 30gpm load sensing piston pumps, 12.5mph ground speed, 15" ground clearance, pilot controls. I have seen this machine perform lawn installs and operate on turf with very minimal damage. I also think the width is a positive due to some constraints in yards (I know because even my RC50 is tight sometimes). It may be worth a demo.
  10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Digdeep does have some real good points, the amount of track width is scary on those(ASV). It doesn't sound like you are going for a 'production' type skid, that would be more like the Case or TK. I have to look up the width on the Case or others, what is the width of your trailer? The 72" width is big on tight projects. The ASV pilot controls are easy to learn/run also. I personally don't care for the Perkins motors in the ASV's and feel they don't have the fit and finish some of the other brands have.