Tracking hours on large commercial accounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Im just curious to those of you who do large condos or apartment complexes how much time your guys and how many guys you are sticking on these properties. How did you come up with the idea of the # of employees you put on a complex acount? Ive been bidding on 30+ acre condos (acreage includes buildings and parking lots) Have yet to land one but just can't even fathem how much time or man power it will take. I estimate 5 guys 8 hour day to get a simple complex done. But until I actually do it I have no clue.

Did you guys just eye ball the acount to figure out what it would take? :help:
  2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Firstly, you start with a current 1 acre property you mow. How long does it take 2 guys to mow, trim, blow? Use this info as a starter. Second, you must get a better idea of the mowable acreage. Then use your formula.
    In my case, 2 guys can mow, trim, blow a 1 acre property w/ beds around the house and some tree rings in 1/2 hour. (this is high end manicured as well)
    We have a 20 acre HOA that we put 5 guys on. I estimated it would take approx. 4 hours to mow @ $45/man hour = $900 In our case I added an additional $200 for extra trimming. So the total price is $1100/ mowing. The best thing to do is take a known number and apply it to the larger property. But again, you need to know the acreage.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

know your sq ft/hr formula.