Tracking to the Left

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SSO 289, May 25, 2008.

1. SSO 289

SSO 289 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 2005 Toro 255 62" 25 Kohler with 235 hours. When the sticks are pushed all the way forward, it tracks to the left. It's not severe, but it's enough that I can't mow a straight line to save my life. This is my first zero turn mower. Can anyone tell me what can be done to straighten it out? :confused:

2. StevieZ

StevieZ LawnSite Member

Check your owners or service manual, My bobcat WB had has a procedure to correct the tracking. The ZT should also. When all else fails, call the dealer.

3. johnnyk

johnnyk LawnSite Member
    from nj

There's a tracking knob located under the seat that allows you to adjust for this. It is very sensitive to slight changes, but you should be able to adjust it so it tracks straight. Looking forward, if the machine drifts to the left, turn the knob left (counter clockwise); if it drifts right, turn the knob right (CW). Make very small changes, then get on the mower and run at high speed, on a level surface, with both sticks full forward. Continue to make small adjustments until you are tracking straight. It's important to be on a level surface so that both wheels are moving at the same speed. Good luck!