tracks for bobcat for turf work

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kiwiwill, Nov 2, 2005.

1. kiwiwill

kiwiwill LawnSite Member

Gidday, I do a lot of lawn installs using a rotodairon on the front of a bobcat 553. The problem is that the machine leaves alot of wheel ruts both in rotodaironed work and if spreading topsoil. We normally hoe up the ground and fix any pivot marks etc, then seed when the shape is right, using the rotadairon and putting a fair amount of pressure on the roller. We have had excellent results with seed germination using this method.
    Are there tarcks available for the bobcat 553 skidsteer.
    I have also considered swapping to a track loader (rc 30), but they have a different attachment plate so I would have to change alot of my attachments.

I am in New Zealand, the local dealers are not that interested in selling anything apart from the base machines.

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I think you'd be a little short on luck for tracks for a 553 -- from the major manufacturers. Someone may know of a small, aftermarket operation that provides tracks for smaller skids.
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about rubber over-the-tire tracks for your 553? Rubber tracks for a wheeled machine are tough to find for any size machine, especially for a 553. I hope someone can come up with something because I'm completely exhausted of ideas.
  4. kiwiwill

kiwiwill LawnSite Member

Cheers for the replies, thought they might be hard to come by. I thought maybe someone made them, similar to those on a Kanga mini skidsteer or a dingo.