Tracks/Parts for Boxer 427

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TJLinc, Mar 24, 2013.

1. TJLinc

TJLinc LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,

I just bought a Boxer 427. I am in the process of repairing issues with the unit.

#1- I am getting ready to order a set of tracks for the unit. Are there any companies to avoid? I was looking on eBay, but would OE tracks be better?

#2- I have a feeling I am going to have to put a hydraulic pump on the unit. The machine operates fine for 15-20 minutes, then when the oil gets hot, it basically looses all power. Where do I locate the pump? Is it possible that it is not the pump, and the wheel motors instead? Yes I did change the hydraulic fluid and make sure the proper weight oil is in the system.

#3- There are assorted parts: levers, springs, etc that I would like to replace. Just little things, that aren't actually necessary for anything other than cosmetics. Where do I find parts for this unit? Is there somewhere online? A catalog? Or do I just call the manufacturer?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks.

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I can't help you out on availability of aftermarket parts but following is a link to their website and you can find a parts breakdown/owners manual there. You will also find contact info there.

http://www.boxerequipment.com/

The Boxer was made by Mertz Manufacturing in Oklahoma but seems like I have read that they were bought out by a company in Michigan or Wisconsin although I don't recall the name.

3. TJLinc

TJLinc LawnSite Member

Thanks,

I have already been to the website and downloaded the owner's and parts manuals. I have also compiled the list of part numbers for the parts that I need. Just need help with the logistics as far as that is concerned.

4. TJLinc

TJLinc LawnSite Member

Btw, Boxer was purchased from Mertz by Morbark out of Michigan.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Mobark purchased Boxer and all Boxer assets. I sold Boxer for a few years and think it's the best mini skid ever built.

we will be selling them as soon as they go back into production.

Oldtimer
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TJLinc

TJLinc LawnSite Member

I am loving my Boxer so far. Moved a tree with it today that was extremely difficult/darn near impossible with a Toro Dingo. But I still need a source for parts.

7. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Had a track come off a rental today. How to get back on?

8. WaterWerks

WaterWerks LawnSite Member

TJLinc, PM me..I'm a new member and I can't

I have the same machine, maybe I can help you

9. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is like a year ago, most likely has it fixed by now.

10. TJLinc

TJLinc LawnSite Member

I have traded the machine for a brand new Vermeer since then. Couldn't be any happier!
    Posted via Mobile Device