Tractor for cutting or Kubota F-Series for snow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CP Estates, Dec 20, 2006.

1. CP Estates

CP Estates LawnSite Member
    from North

I'm looking for a second cutting unit for myself and there seems to be two ways to go for this if I want to use it to blow snow. One is a compact tractor that would be great for snow and other things if/when I wanted to use a tiller, backhoe etc. The other is something similar to the Kubota F-series that has a blower option off of the front PTO. In addition, I'd like to put a cab on it for the winters - the F-series has one and alot of the compacts do too.

The question is if you're cutting mostly 2 acre estates, realistically, how good would a compact tractor be for grass and is the Kubota versatile enough when compared to a tractor overall?
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I would say that the F-series is probably going to be just a little better at mowing. But hey... it should be. It's a purpose built mower. But how much better. Probably not a lot... just easier to trim with since it's a front deck.

Crude basics are that the F series is just a little tractor you drive backwards.

All it all, if all you will be doing with it is mowing and blowing snow, the F-Series might be OK. If you want to be able to do a lot more stuff besides that, you might want to look into a Grasshopper w/Kubota diesel... Stiener... Ventrac.... or a compact tractor.

Me, I'd buy the compact tractor... you... well you have to decide...
  3. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I have an f-2100 an its great. Good cut, 72in deck. I love it but that just me.