tractor forum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stslawncare, Mar 5, 2002.

?

what do you think about a tractor forum

1. yes good idea

54 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. no bad idea

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. maybe

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. dont care

10 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys, just wondering what u guys think about a tractor forum or something of that sort. it seems a lot of us have either a garden tractor or compact or maybe even bigger, alot of us use it for landscaping, aerating or whatever. yes its not the best for mowing but still some use it. i think a tractor forum would be good to discuss uses, implements, problems, add ons etc etc.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I love the older tractors. I have a 1963 Ford 2000 and a 1958 John Deere 420. I would like a forum on the subject.

3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I love my tractors, but since I quit serious farming I only have 2 left a JD 2520 and a Ford 6600. Hoss, I used to have a 430 and 630 two-cylinders, hoping to find another 430 soon. I think a tractor forum would be great.

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

good idea, i mess with grey market tractors and own an A/C b wide front with a woods belly.

i'm always looking for small tractors and parts and discussing models.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I would love a forum on this...have an old Allis Chambers tricycle. Damn thing's more dependable than some of my 2 year-old mowers.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

thanks for those who voted, looks like a good amount of you want it. even for those who dont have one or dont plan on getting a tractor would enjoy one just for the conversation or mayb u did have one. anyone else with any comments?

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

it would help sector off specific topics too

8. Golfgar4

Golfgar4 LawnSite Member

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned TractorByNet.com:eek: That site has everything, and more, about compact tractors (and lawn & garden, and implements, and customizations, and etc.). Well, you get the idea. Unless I'm misreading this thread and you want to have your very own section here, you're not going to beat TBN :D ! Try it - you'll like it!

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

It would be just the thing , one website with all the forums I will use. But instead of just one forum for all kinds of tractors, you'd better make at least two, one for big tractors, and another for garden tractors if not a third for compacts, as these are all in a class of thier own and it would keep confusion down. But if you can't get two, then one would be ok. Heck i'd even be a moderater for a GT one. I'm really into them. I collect them and show them. Restore and fix 'em. I have always thought it would be cool to have one on LS.com... BTW, when voting i accidentally got the "no-bad idea' button, but i meant to get the 'yes definately' one.
    Eric

10. Golfgar4

Golfgar4 LawnSite Member

"But instead of just one forum for all kinds of tractors, you'd better make at least two, one for big tractors, and another for garden tractors if not a third for compacts, as these are all in a class of thier own and it would keep confusion down. "

BushHogBoy - Like I mentioned in my earlier post, your wishes have been answered. Go visit TractorByNet.com and you'll find everything that you mentioned - and more!!:p