Tractor plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Viseras lawn service, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

I just bought a plow for my lawn mower, a craftsman 3000 series......

i assembled it and i realized that the blade does not lock in the raised position.... am i to believe that you must hold it up while driving the tractor?

this doesnt seem right as the lift arm is not very solid and seems quite wobbly....

any one own one of these that can help me? i have read the directions 5000 times to no avail.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ive played with one at sears before, i know for sure that one locked in the up position. Good luck

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a craftsman theres only one way to put it together i put it together myself the first time then i had to reassemble it to make it lock up the reason was there was a hole to put the alunimum(spelling) bar that attaches to the angling bar and the same bar u lift it with u really need to look at the instructions but it may be different becase mines a 2004 1000series hope i helped u man

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

This site isn't for homeowners or there equipment. We are "Profesionals growing together":D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

yes it should connect to the mow deck right? the mow deck locks i just got rid of a craftsmen. look at the assmebly(sp?) under the tractor,it some times it will come loose. i know for a fact it locks

6. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

When I was a kid, and I got my first one it locked in. And people i've seen now, theirs locks in. I'd question the store. If they say to bad. I'd say here's the tractor back. Then I'd go buy something of quality. I'm not dising craftsman, but they are crap. Go and investigate into things that will work best for your company, do more things for your company , and last your company a lot longer. There are plenty of afordable products out there. You just need to look around.

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

hits to the name "crapsmen"

8. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

fixed. ud be suprised how fast it clears sidewalks and howmuch snow it can push with proper weight and chains :waving:

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Man ive always wanted to try one just for the heck of it, even plowing with that looks fun!! Glad you got it fixed