1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tractor purchase questions...need advice

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by gml9, Jun 1, 2005.

1. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

My dad and I are thinking of buying a tractor with multiple purposes.
    He is building a new house and will need to haul many things(dirt, sand, wood) and also will use it to dig, etc. I have a landscape business and have expanded into walkways/retaining walls. We own a bushog from an older Ford tractor we had and a plow. Also thought about trying to get into some new home grading projects b/c I don't want this thing sitting around if we are making a payment on it! We are located in Hampton, VA....so servicing in our area is important as well. I'm thinking of a Ford tractor with a frontend loader and purchasing a riding mower for my business to mow the 5 acres...since I only have a Toro 52 walk-behind w/velke. I know the Kubota's are great but expensive. Reliability is the biggest thing and something with enough power to lift/pull(paver sand, pallets of pavers/1ton).
    I think we are looking at around 15,000k. Please advise. Thank you.
  2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Consider the Deere 990 utility tractor, 37hp I believe, manual transmission, live PTO, loader available, legendary Deere dealer support, and can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.